Friday, December 31, 2010

My Unforgettable Pet

As it is our winter holidays I and my sister where spending a few days in my mother’s house. My mother’s house is  in a village where you can see acres of plain land for long distances. There it was far too cold rather than in my house in Kochi. As Kochi is the business hub of Kerala you could only see flats wherever you look. There by the temperatures at my mother’s house was quite low because of which I needed three blankets to cover me up while I was sleeping.
The main attraction of going to my mother’s house was the dog there. He was a German shepherd named Bruno. He was our dearest. We used to play with him, go for walks with him and he played a crucial role in whatever we did.
On the day of our arrival, we saw a puppy in our court yard. We were quite surprised. When we asked grandpa who that pup belonged to, we got a most surprising answer that was the pup belonged to our own house. This surprised us and we asked our grandpa “Why do we need another dog while we have got Bruno” At this question our grandpa replied quite sorrowfully that Bruno had died a week ago due to age. Hearing this my heart stopped beating for sometime. Tears filled my sister’s eyes so as mine. I looked at the Kennel where Bruno used to be. It was all empty. To cheer us up grandpa said “That’s why I had bought this puppy. I don’t know what breed it is, yesterday one of the villagers sold it to me. I am sure you will take good care of it.” Those words dried our eyes. I had a good look at the new puppy. It starred into my eyes. That touched my heart. My sister took the pup in her arms and started playing with it. We felt much better.
The puppy was so young so it could only drink milk. So from time to time we enjoyed giving it milk. We were thinking of a good name for the puppy but we concluded in none.  It would be nice if you could suggest a few nice names. In the evening we would sent it out in the courtyard and we used to play small games with it. Though both my sister and I enjoyed playing and taking care of the puppy, we truly missed Bruno.

18 comments:

Jane said...

I am sorry to hear about the loss of your GSD. Enjoy that new puppy!

Jane

Dar said...

Aww, so sad to hear of Bruno passing into Dog Heaven. He was a part of your family, so, of course, your heart aches.
Your new Puppy is adorable. He is a Golden Retriever, a wonderful family dog that will cherish you. They are a very sensitive, friendly breed, doing all they can to please you. They even smile.
My sister has had Goldens for years and I had one too. His name was Flash, so named for his speed chasing after the kids in play. Keep your pup awhile, a perfect name will match him or her. Have fun.
BlessYourHeart

Dar said...

OOPs, I meant yours appears to be a Golden Labrador...old minds get things confused., and my sisters are Retrievers. Sorry
BlessYourHeart

Catherine said...

I am so sorry about your sweet Bruno. German Shepherds are one of my favorite kinds of dog. I am sure the puppy will bring you lots of smiles though!

Arkansas Patti said...

I am so sorry to hear about Bruno. He was a beautiful dog. It is good that a new puppy has been brought in to ease the pain. You won't forget Bruno but no one can resist a puppy.
I agree with Dar, watch him and he will name himself.

kenju said...

Thank you for the visit and Happy New Year to you also! I know you are sad at loosing Bruno, but the new puppy is so very cute and cuddly.

Big Dude said...

Welcome to the blogosphere and thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. Best wishes for the new puppy and Happy New Year.

Kirigalpoththa said...

So sorry to hear about the demise of Bruno.

StitchinByTheLake said...

I'm sorry to hear that your beloved Bruno died. This new puppy is sure to bring joy to your life. Is it a boy or a girl? blessings, marlene

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the land of blogging. I've been blogging for about a year and a half and most certainly love it and love getting comments. Look forward to more of your posts. Dogs are angels sent from heaven to make us happy. Love that new little one with all your heart.

Cicero Sings said...

So sad to lose a beloved pet but I know this new pup will bring you much joy too. Sometimes names just evolve as their characters evolve and you get to know each other.

Thanks for visiting my plant blog and leaving a comment. This is my day to day life blog though I don't post every day anymore.

I'm glad you and your sister are enjoying holidays!

Busy Bee Suz said...

Losing a pet is always so hard, they become an essential part of our lives and our hearts.
Is the puppy a girl?
How about Goldie?

Iowa Gardening Woman said...

What a sad story, so glad you have a new pup to share your love with.

LV said...

I understand where you are coming from. After the loss of our last dog, I said no more. It is just too hard and so much grief. I now work toward helping a person and enjoy others pets. I am glad you joined the world of blogging. It has been s real joy and pleasure for me.

MadSnapper said...

my name for your puppy is Max. we had a puppy just like this one, mixed breed, looks just like him and we named him Max, we had him for 15 years and when he died, 2 weeks later we got Baby Girl, then Cooper then Jake. Cooper died and now we have Jake and Baby. you can see them at www.fourpawsetc.blogspot.com. thanks fro writing on my blog yesterday.

Kathy W said...

I am also sorry to hear about your beloved dog Bruno. It breaks your hear right into when they pass away. I hope the newest member to your family brings you years of joy and love.
Happy New year.

Out on the prairie said...

It is fun to find that name.I look at traits, places I have visited or favorite items, as for me flowers.you are going to have a big dog so it could be a reverse name like Tiny.Stay in touch or follow me so I can see how you progress.

Annesphamily said...

It is always difficult to lose a pet. But what fond memories you shall keep clsoe to your heart always. Anne