Saturday, January 8, 2011

A day at the MARKET!

Today as it was a holiday for me, I and my grandfather set out to the market to buy some vegetables. It was very exciting to be going to the market and see a lot of people trying their best to sell their stuff.
It’s long since I have been to the market .When we got out of the car, I saw how it was crowded with people. I was half afraid whether I would get lost because the market was very much crowded.  There was also an unpleasant smell. I was thinking of the people, who own shop in the market, they will have to bear the smell through out the day.
Observing the market was fun anyway. The shop keepers were shouting at high voices ‘Tomatoes, Cheap tomatoes’ My grand father held my hand to make sure that I was with him and we went to a shop were the shop keeper was smiling seeing my grandpa making me convinced that it was grandpa’s  usual  purchasing shop. That shop keeper knew what grandpa wanted without even grandpa telling him. My grandfather was busy with the shop keeper that I had a good look at the other shops .I couldn’t see much through so much of people. It was all and well crowded with people. People were entering the market and lots of them were going out of it as well, their hands full with packets of something or the other. Lots and lots of sacks of vegetables were being piled up in shops .The vegetables were getting over in fraction of seconds.  Shopkeepers were shouting and using a lot of techniques so that their customers would buy something from their shop.
  I realized one thing that is the shopkeepers had a though time in the market and in selling their items. They earned their bread with a lot of pain and hard work and that made me promise myself that I would always work hard and believe in the proverb “work is worship”

9 comments:

MadSnapper said...

i have heard that if you stay with a smell, soon you dont smell it anymore. maybe that is how the people in the market stand it all day, they adjust. it looks like a very colorful market.

Arkansas Patti said...

That must have been quite an experience. Is that you with your grandfather? You are a lovely girl if it is.
Some of our larger cities have large farmers markets but where I live, it is quite small, only a few booths. Still the produce is so much better that what is found in supermarkets.
Good work ethic to copy. Enjoyed the post.

Out on the prairie said...

The open air stalls are nice.During the warm months each town has a day where venders set up.Otherwise we just go to the store.I used to go door to door selling vegetables I grew as a child and had fun doing this, as well as making a little money.

Deb from WhatsInMyAttic said...

Thanks for the intersting post that gives us a little view into your world! A market is a great place to learn about far away places!

LV said...

I would have a hard time shopping in a place like this. If I smell something, I have to leave. Rather turns you off on what you need. It was my pleasure to show you off on my Pink Saturday. Trust you will make many new friends.

Tracy said...

Wow, what an experience for you to share with us. We think it's so convenient to go to the supermarket and just pick up what we need...bless you!

DIGITAL WORLD PAGES ARCHIVE said...

Hello!
To live in this world is not very easy!

Annesphamily said...

What a beautiful colorful market. LaVoice sent me here from Thoughts from Meme's COrner. I am very glad I am here. Have a wonderful week and I like your blog a lot. Anne

DIGITAL WORLD PAGES ARCHIVE said...

When You begin update the blog please inform me...