Sunday, January 2, 2011

My New Year Resolutions

As the New Year has begun I decided to take a few resolutions.
1)    My first resolution is to write my diary regularly
I used to write my diary when I was about 8 years old. Recently I found that diary.  When I reading the things that I had written, I was laughing till I cried. When I read those incidents with my friends, the silly things that I thought that was very important now seem very funny to me. As I found the pleasure of reading  my old diaries I decided to write my diary this year and enjoy reading it later.
2)    I decided to do all my works with my full heart with satisfaction and pleasure
I always thought that I do certain works ,finding it as a burden. Today in my Sunday class our teacher preached a lot about finding pleasure in all our works. That provoked me of taking this resolution.

3)    My third resolution was to help my parents in their work
I realized that helping our parents is the most important. All the work they do is for us. So it is always important to give them the respect for what they do for us. As the beginning task today I helped my mother with the cooking. I prepared a special dish called the Chettinad Chicken.

I think, I have made a good set of resolutions for this year.
What are your resolutions? I have read in a few other blogs about other good resolutions such as exercising which is good for health. I thought about taking that as a resolution but later decided not to because I am already thin and my mother asks me to put on weight, in that case if I exercise I will surely become a skeleton.
Have a Good Day.

12 comments:

Arkansas Patti said...

Aw gee, you are one of those all ready thin people. Unfair. That takes away the #l USA resolution to lose weight.
The diary is a good idea for you really get to see how you grow and change priorities.
One of my main resolves is to keep blogging. Hope you do also.

Kirigalpoththa said...

I like your second new year resolution. all the best for all three and wish you a great new year ahead!

MadSnapper said...

I go to the gym 5 days a week, and have for 4 years, and am still fat. so you can guess what my goal should be. but i don't do resolutions, and never have. yours sound like good ones to me. especailly the works. i tend to do good things and complain about doing it which i know i should not.

DIGITAL WORLD PAGES ARCHIVE said...

Hello!
Wonderful post!
Good lucks to You!
I am deep believer!
My resolution to do bests for people !!!
I liked this post very much!

Out on the prairie said...

I journal when taking a long trip and it keeps me in touch where I was and what photos were taken. Rereading it later puts me back on that vacation,even envisioning the smells I encountered.Being proud of what you do and helping others always goes hand in hand, even if it is a simple task such as washing dishes.When you are finished you will feel good for doing a good job.Good things always come back in two's, in your heart and the hearts of others.That chicken looks real nice, I will have to look for some curry leaves next time I travel for an aromatic to make it.mmmm

Betsy Banks Adams said...

HI There, I quit making resolutions years ago--but the older I get, the more I realize how important a healthy lifestyle is... SO--I always try to eat healthy, exercise, drink lots of water and get enough sleep...

Have a wonderful day.
Hugs,
Betsy

LV said...

Nice resolutions, but I gave up on them a long time ago.

Corner Gardener Sue said...

I haven't made resolutions for a long time, but when I hear people making them, I think of making better use of my time, and spending more time reading the Bible.

I like your resolution to help your mother cook. You will make some good memories with her, and learn skills that will serve you well all of your life.

LV said...

Elen, it is just me again. Wanted to let you know I am going to introduce you on my Pink Saturday feature this week. If you can drop by and see what all the pinks are out there.

Cheryl said...

Thank you for coming by my blog and leaving your comment.

I no longer make New Year's resolutions. However, the last few years I have really worked on becoming a better person, wife, mother and friend. I also try to live a healthy lifestyle. I really like your resolutions. I wished I had some of my old diaries to read!

Deb from WhatsInMyAttic said...

Thanks for your comments on my blog. I think your resolutions are admirable and wish you well with them.

Annesphamily said...

I liked to write in my diary too! I found a page from 2008 that I was starting in a new journal. But never got to finish it. It is funny how things change and some things are not as important as once thought. But I love to write. I am hoping your New Year is wonderful. Thanks for sharing. Anne